‹ How To Remove Virus "W32/MoonLight.worm" ›
|Virus Name :
|Named By :
|Known Aliases :
||Win32.HLLW.Generic.207 (Dr.Web), Win32.MoonLight.B@mm (BitDefender), WORM_MOONLIGHT.E (Trend Micro), Worm/VB.BS.11 (Avira), Worm/Generic.TF (AVG), Email-Worm.Win32.VB.bs (VirusBlokAda), Email-Worm.Win32.VB.bs (Kaspersky), Win32/Lightmoon.C (E-Trust), W32/EmailWorm.RA (F-Prot)
(based on aliases)
Viruses written for specific platforms
- Unlike viruses, computer worms do not integrate itself into a legitimate host file, and do not rely on host file execution in order to replicate themselves. A worm can replicates itself by sending copies from infected system to other systems via different types of connection, such as local network, peer-to-peer networks, IRC channels, email, Bluetooth, SMS, etc.
- Worms usually contains no payload in the past. But nowadays, worms are increasingly designed to include malicious payloads, and can be as destructive as Trojans and viruses.
High-level Language Worm
- The virus is designed to infect Windows 32-bit executable programs, and works in different Win32-environments.
- Viruses that do not need any host file to spread; they just copy themselves to disk directories. This kind of virus is written in high-level programming languages (such as C, C++, Pascal, Basic, etc). In some cases the code of the compiled HLL viruses is packed with different compression utilities (PKLITE, LZEXE, DIET, etc).
- Download Dr.Web CureIt! and save it in desktop.
- Download Security Space Pro 7.0 (32/64-bit), save it in desktop.
- Reboot computer to Safe Mode (press F8 before any Microsoft logo appears).
- Double click "cureit.exe" on desktop, follow on screen instructions to scan hard disk.
(Wait patiently, it may take 20-60 minutes to perform an express scan.)
- After scanning is done, select all viruses found and choose "Cure".
(If some files are not suitable to be cured, choose "Quarantine" or "Delete".)
- When all viruses found are cured, quarantined, or deleted, reboot to Normal Mode.
- Uninstall existing anti-virus software which cannot kill the viruses, and then reboot again.
- Locate the setup file of Security Space Pro on desktop, double click to run it.
(For step-by-step procedures, please refer to installation video guide.)
- During setup, choose to obtain a demo key.
- After first time update, the scanner will be launched again, quit the scanner at this point.
- Complete the setup by rebooting computer.
- When time is allowed (may need several hours), perform a full scan in Dr.Web Scanner.
- If it is unable to start Windows due to virus infection, try Dr.Web LiveCD or Dr.Web LiveUSB instead of Dr.Web CureIt!
- Time needed for express scan or full scan relies on many factors, such as system performance, available memory, running processes, number of drives and files, etc.