‹ How To Remove Virus "Adware.Popuppers" ›
|Virus Name :
|Named By :
|Known Aliases :
||Dialer.Egroup (Dr.Web), Dialer.ANB (AVG), not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NaviPromo.aj (Kaspersky), TROJ_WINTRIM.AE (Trend Micro), DIAL/159744.A.2 (Avira), DeepScan:Generic.Dialer.8ABCF107 (BitDefender), Dialer.Win32.E-Group.u (VirusBlokAda), Win32/EGroup.A (Microsoft), Downloader.gen.a (McAfee), Dialer.Target (Symantec), Win32/Wintrim!DLL!Trojan (Computer Associates), W32/P2E.V (F-Prot), Porndialer.Gen (fs) (SunBelt), Win32/Wintrim.BU!Trojan (E-Trust)
(based on aliases)
- Trojan horses may allow a hacker remote access to a target computer system, and perform various operations. The types of operations are limited by user privileges on target computer, which normally includes data theft, modification or deletion of files, keystroke logging, and use of machine as part of a botnet to perform mass spamming or to distribute Denial-of-service attacks.
- Trojan horses can be installed through software bundling (included as part of a software application available downloaded from file sharing network), email attachments, instant-messaging network, websites containing executable content (such as ActiveX control), etc. It can also be self-replicated by spreading itself through the use of application exploits.
Viruses written for specific platforms
- This type of Trojan secretly downloads malicious files from remote web and ftp servers, then installs and executes the files. Both the download and execution of files can be done without user's knowledge or authorization.
- The virus is designed to infect Windows 32-bit executable programs, and works in different Win32-environments.
- Download Dr.Web CureIt! and save it in desktop.
- Download Security Space Pro 7.0 (32/64-bit), save it in desktop.
- Reboot computer to Safe Mode (press F8 before any Microsoft logo appears).
- Double click "cureit.exe" on desktop, follow on screen instructions to scan hard disk.
(Wait patiently, it may take 20-60 minutes to perform an express scan.)
- After scanning is done, select all viruses found and choose "Cure".
(If some files are not suitable to be cured, choose "Quarantine" or "Delete".)
- When all viruses found are cured, quarantined, or deleted, reboot to Normal Mode.
- Uninstall existing anti-virus software which cannot kill the viruses, and then reboot again.
- Locate the setup file of Security Space Pro on desktop, double click to run it.
(For step-by-step procedures, please refer to installation video guide.)
- During setup, choose to obtain a demo key.
- After first time update, the scanner will be launched again, quit the scanner at this point.
- Complete the setup by rebooting computer.
- When time is allowed (may need several hours), perform a full scan in Dr.Web Scanner.
- If it is unable to start Windows due to virus infection, try Dr.Web LiveCD or Dr.Web LiveUSB instead of Dr.Web CureIt!
- Time needed for express scan or full scan relies on many factors, such as system performance, available memory, running processes, number of drives and files, etc.