[ Download Now ]
Dr.Web for Android is a reliable anti-virus solution for users of smartphone running Android operating system. The application supports Google Android 1.6 / 2.x / 3.x / 4.0, protecting devices from information security threats. It has user-friendly interface and easy customizable settings which help you to configure all program options and set up appropriate protection level.
Constant real-time monitoring
- Constant real-time protection of the file system (scanning of saved files, programs which are being installed, etc).
- The state of the art in malware detection, Origins TracingTM for Android can identify recompiled viruses and variants.
- Scanning of the whole file system of the device or files and folders selected by user.
- Scanning of archives.
- Scanning of files on removable memory cards.
- Deletion of infected objects or their isolation in quarantine.
- Dr.Web virus databases updates via Internet.
- Statistics of the detected threats, performed actions and program logs.
The real-time protection is carried out by a component called SpIDer Guard, which is default disabled. Users may configure Dr.Web for Android to launch SpIDer Guard automatically as soon as operating system is loaded. It resides in the memory of the device and checks all files as they are modified and saved, including files received via GPRS/HSDPA/Infrared/Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/USB.
Flexible scan settings
A user can perform an on-demand scan at any moment. There are two types of scan: full scan or scan of selected files and folders. During the full scan all files including files on memory cards and archives are checked . If the custom scan is seleted, the anti-virus will scan only selected objects - separate user files on memory cards, firmware, files in archives or folders. When the scanning is completed and malicious objects are found, a user can move objects to the quarantine, ignore them or delete. You can enable/disable scan of memory cards.
Protection from SMS fraud
Users can also take advantage of the filtering lists in order to avoid unwanted contacts and protect themselves from phone fraudsters. Call and message filtering can be performed automatically and manually using black and white lists. Known contacts from the address book can be added to the white lists. Actions available for unknown contacts range from filtering based on one of the available lists to the contact’s blocking.
Anti-theft helps to find the mobile device in case it is lost or stolen as well as remotely delete all personal information from it. User may create buddy list, who will be able to send SMS commands in order to remotely manage your phone, such as lock device / unlock device / wipe data / and track GPS location.
URL filter Cloud Checker
Cloud Checker protects the user of the mobile device with the default Android browser from the undesirable Internet resources. It can be configured to block all not recommended and potentially dangerous web sites or only certain categories, such as :
- Known virus source
- Adult content
- Obscene language
Dr.Web for Android can be updated in one of the following ways:
The software can be configured to update manually or automatically (once a day).
- via HTTP using a built-in GPRS/HSDPA module
- using Infrared/Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/USB connection
How to install:
- Download and copy the setup file to smartphone, or visit m.drwebhk.com with your phone to download the setup file directly.
- Launch the downloaded file to start installation.
During activation of Dr.Web Anti-theft, a specific email address will be registered in Doctor Web server. In case the Dr.Web Anti-theft password is forgotten, user may request for temporary unlock code that will be sent to the registered email address.
How to uninstall:
- Go to "Settings" -> "Security" -> select "Device administrators" -> unchceck "Dr.Web anti-virus" -> "Deactivate".
- When prompt, please enter the password previously configured when Dr.Web anti-theft is activated.
- After it is deactivated, Dr.Web anti-virus can be uninstalled as a regular software.